Animals are creatures too, and they need to be taken care off. In the recent past, people have taken animals for granted and abused them. Thus animal control services have been vigilant to the animal owners and require them to take utmost care of animals failure to which one is penalized, and in some severe situations, the license to keep the animal is taken from them. Click here for the animal control services near you.
Some of the functions of animal control services include;
- The Department of Animal Care Services is responsible for protecting the safety and health of the pets and the pet owners. Their services range from;
- Receiving phone calls from the public on allegations of animal cruelty and abuse by the owners
- Responding to cases of animal bites which pose a threat to the health of the people.Cases of injured animals
Issues of livestock in the different areas.
Animals being a nuisance to the community, for instance, barking dogs and cats in the community.
Prevention of rabies is always a top priority of the animal care services department. There is a section in the Animal Control Service office that their job is sole to investigate any reported animal bite or animal scratch. The sole purpose being to protect human beings from animal caused infections. An animal bite should be reported within twenty four hours of its occurrence.
Cruelty to animals
Being cruel to animals is a serious offense which is punishable.Some forms of animal cruelty entail physically torturing the animal, not giving food and water to the animal, not providing the appropriate shelter for the animal or not providing housing at all, locking the animal in a hot car, and any other known or perceived form of animal torture. As a witness to any of the above form of animal torture, you should call the animal service as soon as it occurs. You do not have to give your identity, however, give all the available information and also provide the exact location of the occurrence of the animal cruelty.It is the responsibility of the animal cruelty department to review the cases received and act accordingly
Responsible pet ownership
Some rules are spelled out to make one a responsible pet owner. Some of the rules include;
- Not feeding animals that are not users( strayed animals). If you are seen feeding a stray animal, it is perceived that the animal is yours. Thus to avoid falling into that trope it is key to report any stray animal that you sport in your compound.
- It is not allowed to display, rent, lease or barter an animal for any commercial reason.
- One must get a permit if they want to sell an animal maybe one has too many puppies or kittens.